Sunday 4 September 2011

Ups and Downs

Today marks Quinn's 5th day!  Things are going pretty well all around.  Yesterday was  great day for feedings (every 3 hours like a champ!) and I actually got to get out of the house for an hour to get some things.  Although I missed Quinn like crazy when I was gone!

We had our friends Kent and Erin over for a visit yesterday.  Seems fitting that they were the first ones to come to visit us since Quinn tried to make an appearance at their house last Sunday (i.e. we were at their house when my water broke!).  I love showing her off - she's just too cute!

Today is our 5 day visit with our midwife, which is our last home visit unless we need her to help us with something else.  Right now she's helping us with nursing as Quinn is just too good at it that she's not super hungry when she should be and I look like I'm growing a watermelon patch!  Quinn was also weighed today and is up to 7 lbs 6 oz!  So she's gained some weight from the day 3 visit - Grace said half an ounce a day is great.  She also reminded us that Quinn weighed probably a bit more than normal at birth due to the fact that I had been on IV fluids for 24 hours before she was born.

Hopefully the rest of today goes well with nursing! Keep your fingers and toes crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment