Friday 2 September 2011

Up to Today!

Quinn is just amazing.  I'm so in love with her every time I look at her and miss her when I'm sleeping.  The sleeping thing is a little rare at the moment, but that's the beauty of having family here to help!

We had to stay in the hospital until September 1st so that the hospital staff could monitor Quinn for any signs of infection since my water had broken 48 hours before she was born.  Her vitals were always perfect though, so no infection!  Also, they wanted to check to make sure that she wasn't going to become jaundiced and she passed that test with flying colours as well!  I was super anxious to get home from the hospital though, so when we finally got word that we could leave I pretty much jumped out of bed and flew around the room to get packed up to go!

Bringing her home was so great - I'm so much more comfortable being home and around my own things and in my own bed.  Steve has been absolutely amazing!  Whether it's changing diapers, helping settle her down, helping me feed her, getting me food/water, he's doing it all!  He was also amazing in the hospital that I definitely couldn't have gotten through any of it without him.  He's such an amazing dad!

Grace came by today for the day 3 visit and weighed Quinn - she weighed 7 lbs 4 oz today which is great!  She's a very efficient feeder and now I'm just waiting for my milk to come in.  Quinn's not so patient with this though!  So far Quinn's passed every newborn test she's been given and just HAS to be the best at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment