Thursday 29 September 2011

I Think I Can Do This!!!

Today was a great day!!  Quinn had a great night last night with feedings (no nipple shield!) and sleeping (in her bassinet!).  Steve and I have come up with a routine of sorts for the evenings - I usually take a nap after feeding Quinn around 9-10pm until her next feeding, which is usually around 12-1am.  When I'm napping, Steve will be holding her getting some snuggle/nap time in and when she wakes for her 12-1am feeding, he passes her off to me and heads up to bed.  I usually then feed Quinn while watching a movie or TV until she's dopey for sleep.  Then we head upstairs (where Steve has left the lamp on) and I get ready for bed after putting Quinn down.  Sometimes she'll go right to sleep, but sometimes she needs a little rock in the glider, or just to be walked around before she'll go to sleep.  Sometimes she needs a "top up" feeding before she'll get to sleep.  I like this routine because then I only really have 1 feeding in the night to really do on my own (around 3-4am) before it's the morning and Steve's getting ready for work for the 6-7am feeding and can help me with diapers, etc.  On the weekends, the routine also includes Steve cuddling Quinn after the 6-7am feeding so that I can get some more sleep.  During the week Quinn and I have some cuddle time after that feeding!

My sister came over today to hang out for a bit before she headed to work, which was nice to have company.  Plus someone else to change some diapers too!  Right after lunch time we headed out for some errands - UPS store to pick up part of Quinn's early Christmas present from Nanny and Pepere, Canada Post to pick-up Quinn's passport (Arizona here we come!), then to "Forbidden Place" to print off some pictures for Steve's office and for our photo album.  Quinn was great the whole time and we managed to squeeze it all in between feedings.  When we got back it was time for Quinn to eat and again we didn't have to use a nipple shield!!!

Here's hoping tonight is just as great!

Sleeping with her mouth wide open

She usually ends up on her side when sleeping on the bed...I think her cast weighs her down

No comments:

Post a Comment