Sunday 28 August 2011

Water Broke!!!!

Here's the timeline so far...

- getting ready to leave Kent and Erin's after a delicious dinner and as I stand up to go, I feel this lovely gush and next thing I know my water is breaking all over their kitchen floor (not the couch thank goodness!)...this is at 9:50pm on August 28th/11
- we page Amanda (our second midwife) since our first midwife (Grace) is on vacation until tomorrow morning at 8am...so we almost waited long enough for her to be back!  Amanda said that she'll meet us at our house at 10:30pm since I really wanted to get to my own surroundings.
- we meet with Amanda and she listens to Bean's heartbeat for a few minutes.  I'm not really having contractions too much, just the odd tightening that doesn't really hurt.  Feels more like a Braxton-Hicks contraction to be honest.  Amanda said we have the option of going to the Montfort now and I can be induced, or to wait and let my body go into labour naturally.  We've decided to wait since the chance of having more medical interventions increases with induction.
- we have an appointment tomorrow morning at 8:45am at the Midwife Office unless I go into active labour by then.

Still no contractions (true ones) and it's 11:43.  Steve's right by my side and Linds is running some errands and cleaning for us.  My only job right now is to not think about the fact that my water has broken and to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment