Friday 26 August 2011

Feet In the Ribs

So despite being on my hands and knees a lot yesterday doing yoga and trying to sit leaning forward, Bean hasn't changed position.  It just feels really weird when I'm sitting leaning forward because I have a lot of pressure down low in my pelvis because the head has dropped down a bit and sitting this way jams his/her little feet up into my ribs even more.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to go see my former chiro associate to try Webster.  Webster Technique is usually used to right babies who are in the breech position, but one of my classmates who does the technique said that it had worked on OP (occiput posterior) presentations as well.  From the research that I was doing online about OP babies, the baby gets into this position usually because the mother has been sitting down a lot (which I have been due to the pelvic pain that put me off of work), but also because of how the baby is fitting into the mother's pelvis.  So hopefully by getting adjusted and having some ligament work done tomorrow, the alignment in my pelvis will change enough for Bean to move to a more optimal position.  I also was reading that 9/10 babies will move into an optimal birthing position during labour...I'm just trying to help the process since the little one has to rotate 180-degrees to get into the right position - to be OA (occiput anterior).

Tomorrow night is also our friends Graeme and Andrea's wedding...so maybe dancing will go better this time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment