Friday 24 February 2012

Making My Own Baby Food

So far I've had a lot of success with making my own baby food - even though I've only made 2 things!  I absolutely love both of the baby food cookbooks that I had ordered.  Both have a lot of variety in recipes (and obviously some crossover) and also are easy to follow.  I'm hoping to expose Quinn to as many different foods as possible so that she won't end up to be as picky an eater as I am!

We've decided to attack the solid foods thing in our own way.  We started with just rice cereal, then we added some pre-made baby food that I had in the house (it was a triple fruit one) in with the rice cereal, then I made my first baby food (peas!) and we mixed that in with her cereal.  The peas were interesting!  Q wasn't so sure the first night, but the consistency of the peas with the cereal was a little too runny for her I think.  But she did eat the whole thing!  The next few nights were better and she just chowed down on the peas without any funny faces like the first night!  Tonight I made my second batch of baby food - apple and pear puree with cinnamon.  One of the books that I have said not to be afraid to add seasonings to the baby food - I think it actually said why do we, in North America, say that it's OK to only feed babies bland food when around the world it's standard to feed the babies exactly what the parents eat (e.g. curry in India).  So I'm looking forward to this!

Face full of peas!

First batch of homemade baby food - sweet peas!

Batch #2 - apple and pear puree with cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment