Thursday 1 March 2012

Shouting Matches

Q has gotten herself into the fun habit of yelling at me when she's in her jump-jump.  It's quite funny, actually.  It's almost like she's playing "Marco Polo" because it keeps her quite calm when I yell back.  I usually have her in her jump-jump when I'm in the kitchen making dinner or doing the dishes, so she can see me over the half wall.  I tried to get a video of our shouting matches, and the following video is the best that I could do since she usually stops doing whatever she's doing as soon as she sees the camera:


The making of my own baby food is going quite well!  Quinn loved the pear/apple/cinnamon combo so much!  This time I made carrots with dill (this is what she's eating right now, and she seems to like it!  Although the first night it took us about an hour to feed her - she kept showing non-interest, so we'd take it away, and then about a minute later, show her a spoonful and she'd open her mouth really wide and eat some...little weirdo!) and I also made roasted butternut squash.  The squash made a TON - I baked it in the oven, with some orange juice in the seed cavity and brushed the halves with unsalted butter - so I've got a lot of squash in the freezer now!

Quinn's still not sitting on her own, although she tries.  She also tries to get to any toy within arm's reach, or even a little farther away than arm's reach, which makes her fall over (TIMBER!). We're working on it though, sometimes propping her up in the nursing pillow or sitting with our legs around her for a little bit of stability.

And to report on the attempting to crawl front, Quinn's getting very good at pushing up into upward dog when on her belly and sometimes she pushes her little diaper butt up into the air and tries to push onto her knees, but she can't do both at the same time yet!  She manages to scooch herself around 360-degrees to follow toys around that she has shoved about.  And occasionally when we put her down on her playmat on her back, in about 5 minutes she is on her stomach and off of the mat without hardly seeming to move at all!  I'm sure that once she starts crawling we won't be able to stop her!

No comments:

Post a Comment