Tuesday 20 March 2012

Happy Spring!!!

I swear that I have been meaning to blog for so long...and then I see today that it has been 2 weeks since my last post.  Whoops!!!  Let's see if I can remember all of the new news...forgive me if I repeat anything!

So far so good on the solid front.  Quinn's favourite is definitely parsnips!  I believe it to be a truly magical vegetable because you can hide squash with it.  Helps me to get through the giant ziploc bag of frozen squash in the freezer, that's for sure!  Carole and I had a baby food making party last week, which was quite fun!  Making your own baby food isn't hard at all, but it can take some time and doing it with another mom made it go by much faster! 

Here are the additions to Quinn's solid food roster:
- parsnip - her favourite!  Plus it's nice to feed her something that doesn't stain her bibs and that can successfully be paired with her lesser favourite veggies.
- mango - we tried a little bit in her mesh feeder-thingy and she liked that...so I pureed it and she was definitely a big fan!!!
- avocado - we tried this out tonight and she seemed to like it!  I think that the consistency was a little weird for her, so we added some milk to it and that helped a bit.  We'll see how her next try goes!

Today was Quinn's 6 month shot and visit to the doctor.  She weighs 14.9 lbs (50th percentile), measures 65 cm in length (50th percentile) and has a head circumference of 44 cm (75th percentile).  All of these measurements are right along the growth curve that she's been following since the beginning, so our doctor was very happy!  She also took the shot in her leg like a champ - didn't even cry!  The rest of the day was another story though....complete fuss bucket and she FINALLY had a decent nap at 4:30 tonight.

As I'm writing this blog, I'm watching Quinn have some tummy time on the hardwood floor.  She is able to turn herself around very efficiently to see everything all around her.  She also pushed up on her hands and knees in her crib today that both Steve and I (and Nanny!) got to see.  Mind you she was able to push off of the side of the crib, but she was up there!

Sleeping has been going better as well.  I'm usually not getting up in the night to feed her, which is a bonus for me.  She sometimes gets up around 4-5am for a feed, but then falls back asleep for another hour or 2.  It's definitely a wonderful thing when she lets us sleep until 7:30am...or anything later than 6am actually.

Quinn's also quite good at playing peek-a-boo.  You can put a blanket over her face, ask "Where's Quinn?", and watch her face light up with glee as she pulls the blanket down.  So cute!

Springtime is here!!! No more need for the winter blanket!

Peek-a-boo out of my pillow fort!

Tuckered out at Moxie's...she was fussing in her seat one second, then I turn and find this!

No comments:

Post a Comment