Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Things are going well so far with solids.  Quinn is loving the rice cereal and is starting to open her mouth the second that she sees the spoon go into the bowl...which is quite hilarious!  I ordered a couple of books today off of Amazon for making your own baby food, which I'm pretty excited about.  Our friend Susan recommended one of them to me ("Top 100 Baby Purees") and the other one that I bought ("Cooking For Baby") had some great reviews.  I have a Baby Bullet and I'm itching to get it out!  It's still so surreal seeing Quinn sitting in her high chair eating cereal...she's growing up so quickly!

Speaking of growing up, we've decided that now is the best time for Quinn to start sleeping in her own room.  As I think that I have mentioned before, we've been doing kind of both rooms (ours and hers) up until now.  Quinn's getting much better at being able to go to sleep on her own as opposed to always nursing to go to sleep, so that's such a big step in the right direction.  She doesn't take a soother, despite our best efforts (we tried 5 different types!), but I'm sure that we'll be thankful later since we won't have to wean her off of it.  We have a video monitor as well for her room, so it's definitely useful!  Whenever we hear her make a noise, I just flip to the video screen to see if she's actually awake, or just shifting positions.  It's crazy how you just get a feeling to determine when your little one is ready to eat solids and sleep on her own!

Here is a picture of Quinn's 3rd outfit of the day...she managed to pee out of the front of one (don't know how she managed that!) during her nap and pooped out of the back of the other one (both were lovely pink outfits for Valentine's Day)...so I decided that her "I'd rather be naked" onesie was perfect for the rest of the day. :P


And here are a couple of videos of seeing Quinner right after she woke up in the morning and after her morning nap! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment