Sunday 10 February 2013

"Where's Mama's Baby?"

The fun times continue at the Oakey household!  Quinn is learning new things every day at a crazy pace and is constantly expanding her vocabulary.  Here are her new words:
  • Buppy (when she says "Grampy"...better than the growling that she used to do)
  • "box" (blocks)
  • "dutch" (duck/ducks)
  • ball (obvious one here)
  • "teetee" (kitty...meaning Marley or her little stuffed one)
And I can't remember if I had said them before, but Quinn can also say "shoes" and "cheese", along with "up" when she wants to get up on the couch or be picked up.  We're working on "thanks" and sometimes she says it.  Quinn also has learned how to drink from a straw, which is exciting.  We only have 1 toddler cup with a straw, so we're working with that one...but she also can use plastic drinking straws as well...so far she's loved smoothies and to drink my skim milk.

Quinn's hair is also getting longer now and is crazy curly and unruly.  Usually now I have to put it in a ponytail or pigtails to try to maintain control.  It looks so cute but she looks so grown up and not like a baby with her pony/pigtail.

I think that I mentioned in previous posts that Quinn will point to my belly when we ask her where the baby is.  She's also just started to randomly point to my belly and say "baby" - she did that the other day when I came into her room to get her up in the morning.  I was greeted by "Mama!!" followed by "Baby! *with pointing*"

Pointing out Mama's baby



All's well on the baby-to-be front!  Here's the updated survey, although we'll pretend that I'm 22 weeks already (even though that is technically tomorrow):
How far along? 21 weeks 6 days
Total weight gain/loss: 18 lbs as of this morning
Maternity clothes? I think that it might be time to put away most of my pre-pregnancy shirts, as they're getting too short now.  Although I still am fitting fine into some tops that I bought post-Quinn before I was able to get back into my original pre-pregnancy clothes
Stretch marks? Nope! The cream that I've been using seems to be working...or at least making my belly really soft and smooth
Best moment this week: Meeting some of the other moms-to-be from the Ottawa area who are also due in June
Miss anything: I really wanted bologna sandwiches early on this week
Movement: Every. Night.  I couldn't get to sleep until 3am Friday night because Yoda wouldn't quit! Food cravings: The skim milk craving continues, and I drank 4L in a week.  Also I craved Ruffles All Dressed chips (they were delicious!!!)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not this week
Have you started to show yet: I popped a little bit over the past week, which is fun
Gender: Team Green
Labor Signs: Braxton-Hicks when walking on the treadmill or if I turn in a weird direction
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Our next midwife appointment with Grace on Wednesday

21w5d

No comments:

Post a Comment