Monday 2 September 2013

Q is 2!!

Wow!  Where does the time go?  On August 30th our little princess turned 2 years old!!! It's so hard to believe!  We had a big Elmo-themed party on the 31st including grandparents, aunts & uncles, and lots of friends.  Thank goodness that the weather cooperated since there were around 30 people here, including 10 kids running around!  Q definitely had a great time and is one spoiled little girl with all of her amazing gifts!  I had fun organizing the theme, all thanks to Pinterest ideas!  With Susan's help (my BIL's fiancee), we "Elmo-fied" plates, cups, and goodie bags and also made Dorothy plates (Dorothy is Elmo's pet goldfish).  There was also an Elmo cake that I decorated (those classes at Michael's are paying off), an Elmo face made out of strawberries, a Cookie Monster face made out of blueberries and blackberries, and an Oscar face made out of broccoli and baby carrots.  The BBQ was in full swing with delicious hot dogs and hamburgers and we had yummy "sangria" punch!  It was so great to have Steve's parents, his brother, and his brother's fiancee here to celebrate, along with my mom and step-dad.  There were lots of snuggles and cuddles to go around, plus it allowed Steve and I to relax a bit.

We also took Q & CJ to the doctor for Q's check-up and CJ's 2 month vaccines.  Our doctor is very impressed with what Q is able to do - recognize most letters of the alphabet, count to 13, and her general vocabulary.  To say that our heads got a little bit bigger would be an understatement!  Q weighed in at 26 lbs (50th percentile) and is 82 cm tall (10th percentile).  CJ, of course, is growing like a weed - he weighed in at 13.3 lbs (90th percentile) and is 60 cm long (75th percentile).  Worrying about CJ gaining weight during the first two weeks of his little life is now just a distant memory!

I've also started my journey to get back to pre-pregnancy size.  We've decided that our family is definitely complete with our sweet girl and boy, so I would like to get back to the size that I was when we got married.  It will definitely be a battle, but I'm sure that I can get there!!!
The cake!! I rented the pan from Bulk Barn and did the rest myself! So fun!

The decor

Dorothy Plate

Elmo Plate

Elmo Cup

The cup that Quinn made...we called him "Special Elmo"

Oscar veggies (with ranch dressing to dip)

Cookie Monster fruit tray (with cheesecake dip)

Elmo fruit tray

The whole spread

Having fun with her new water table and slide

Friends kicking back in the new Adirondack set












No comments:

Post a Comment