Sunday 4 August 2013

When Did We Grow Up?

I know how old I am and what I have accomplished, but really, when did I grow up?  It seems like all of a sudden I became a Mommy...but yet it feels like I have been someone's Mommy my whole life.  I love it when I go into Q's room in the morning and see her face light up when she says "Mommy!!!".  I love watching her learn new things.  I love seeing how Cole seems more alert every day and how I'm able to calm him down by holding him close.  These are just a few of my favourite "Mommy" moments.

Back on Canada Day we went to our friends' for a party (we normally host, but since Cole was born only 3 days prior, it wasn't feasible for us to host this year).  When we got there, we realized that every couple there, save 2, either had kids or were expecting.  There were kids EVERYWHERE!!! And what's crazy is that none of these little ones were around 5 years ago when all of the couples were either just getting together, just getting engaged, or just getting married.  How our parties have changed too - we've gone from pre-drinks at 10pm to going to calling it a night at 10pm.  Actually just last night I suggested to Steve that we watch a movie.  He said, "Naw, it's getting late".  It was 9 pm.

I wouldn't trade my life for anything.  My kids are my world...but I wish that time would just slow down a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment