Thursday 27 June 2013

Induction Day!!!!

I have reached the "10 Days Overdue" club.  Ten days overdue is the earliest that you can be induced without other medical reasons.  Yesterday we had an ultrasound to make sure that baby was happy and that there was enough fluid...passed that one!  It was definitely weird having an ultrasound where you really couldn't see much but a few flickers of a spine here and there and seeing the heartbeat.  We did get to see Yoda taking some practice breaths (although he/she was being lazy about it) and that was kind of neat.

So this is it - induction day!  Grace called this morning and said that we should be heading into the hospital around noon, but that she would be calling us later on with a more specific time and instructions.  We were all hoping for an earlier time to go in, but the ward is kinda crazy at the moment with a mother of twins requiring an emergency c-section.  The big question is about how dilated I am at the moment.  If I'm at least 3 cm, Grace will break my water and we'll go from there (probably utilizing a breast pump to try to stimulate contractions to start).  If I'm still only 2 cm, then it will be an induction via cervidil and then we'll go back to the hospital later on for hopefully my water to break.

Can't wait to meet our new addition!!! I'm actually remarkably calm (for me anyway) today...here's hoping that it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment