Monday 24 October 2011

Getting Back Into Shape

I've started the long task of getting back into shape and losing the baby weight...wow that's easier said then done!  Carole and I are going to Strollercize when we can (i.e. when it's not raining) and that's a great way to start - we can do walking, running, or intervals of both.  I'm attempting to do the intervals as much as I can on the 4.2 km route.  I've also recently started going back to the gym and doing some classes.  The great thing about my gym is that they have childcare there for a very reasonable price.  You drop off your little one (in our case, I have to call them 24 hours in advance since Quinn is under 18 months and they need to make sure someone is there to watch her) and go do your workout.  They don't change diapers though, and if your little one gets too fussy, they come find you in your class/gym.  Totally reasonable I think!  I checked out the playroom and they have a lot of staff watching the kiddies and they know the little ones by name.  I'm trying to go to classes in the evening so that Quinn and Steve can have some alone time, but that unfortunately cuts into my time with Steve...but we'll figure something out I'm sure!  I'm hoping to get to classes 3-4 times a week in addition to the Strollercize.  I'd much rather get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes versus buying all new stuff!  Much cheaper!

I've also set a goal for weight loss before going shopping...since I love shopping (and so does Quinn!) I think that it's a realistic goal to have.  And definitely some motivation!  Otherwise I'd be buying Quinn clothes all the time...even more than I already am!

Going shopping at Rideau Ctr

No comments:

Post a Comment